EmulatorGUI is NOT connecting to emulator

Inquiry and support for Freematics products
MAWMN

EmulatorGUI is NOT connecting to emulator

Post by MAWMN »

Hello,

I have finally received my MK-II emulator and downloaded the new GUI and the on the site recommended CP210x driver for my computer.
I installed the driver and it reported to me that it was succesfully installed on my Vista x64 (also with the x64 driver), just to make sure also rebooted my computer.
When I now try to connect the new GUI with the emulator over COM port 15 I get an error screen telling :
Freematics ODB-II Emulator is not connected.
Please connect it to the PC via USB cable.

What can I do to get thing working ?

PS in the Netherlands we have mains plugs with round pins,...I already have solved this with another 12V== 1000mA adapter..

thanks in advance,
stanley
Site Admin

Re: EmulatorGUI is NOT connecting to emulator

Post by stanley »

So the COM port does appear in system device manager? Could you try updating with the latest firmware? The firmware updater is included in the GUI software package and can run standalone.
MAWMN

Post by MAWMN »

Hello,

Also Firmware update was not possible, tried to reinstall the driver en Re-Update, same results.

Also tried it with a different USB cable, also same results.

(See the PDF Attachment of the installed driver & the messages op the FirmwareUpdater)

What else can I do ?

thanks in advance
stanley
Site Admin

Post by stanley »

Does your system has a new COM port when plugging the emulator?
MAWMN

Post by MAWMN »

Hello,

Yes COM port number = 15

I attached a PDF with my previous post..(Not sure if you did see it, attached it again as .PNG with some screens in it..)

I am afraid it did arive dead, but the COM porrt is deteced by windows [Vista x64] when connected.

What else can I do ?

thanks in advance
Attachments
Some screenshots
Some screenshots
MK2 - Port & FirmwareUpgrade.png (91.25 KiB) Viewed 18836 times
stanley
Site Admin

Post by stanley »

When you update the firmware, don't connect any OBD device to the emulator.
MAWMN

Post by MAWMN »

Hello,

I was NOT completly sure nothing has been connected at that time so I ran a new upgrade session, see photo..
Also I changed the comport since last time, now it is ComNumber 8, and is opening without errors, however NOT commubication with the "Processor" inside..see photo
Photo : Same results as last time except for the port number (Now 8)

regards and thanks in advance,
MAWMN

Post by MAWMN »

Hello,

after having tried to get an reply on my "Dead on Arival" RMA request in the FreeMatics shop (Website), at this time already since 27th of August 2014, and still without any result or reply...shame on you..I finally did some testing myself (Without opening the product). As it seems the power regulator part inside must be broken.
On the connector on the side 3.3 Volts is missing as well as 5 Volts.
The 12 Volts power on the outside pin is correct.

When you are not willing to give any product support, please sent me at least a schematic diagram of the internal (or part of it) so I can fix it myself and finaly start using the equipment which is in my posession now already for ~~8 weeks in a NON functional state.

Greetings M.A.W.M. Nijland (Netherlands)

a very unsatisfied customer..
Attachments
Side-Connector.png
Side-Connector.png (201.83 KiB) Viewed 18551 times
DonL

Post by DonL »

Windows Vista is so bad, that it did not survive a year, Windows even put out a new version, Windows 7 because of all the bugs, May I suggest that you borrow a laptop with Windows 7 and try it before condeming the device. It may just be Vista blocking serial coms. I have seen this before and upgraded my laptop from Vista to W7 because of all the problems connecting to vehicles.
MAWMN

Post by MAWMN »

DonL wrote:Windows Vista is so bad, that it did not survive a year, Windows even put out a new version, Windows 7 because of all the bugs, May I suggest that you borrow a laptop with Windows 7 and try it before condeming the device. It may just be Vista blocking serial coms. I have seen this before and upgraded my laptop from Vista to W7 because of all the problems connecting to vehicles.

Sorry to tell, but this is not what the problem is..
Also used Windows 7 and Windows XP, results stay the same (similar)
The problem is a broken power supply inside the box.(Must be, no power comming out except for the supplied 12 Volts..
So probably also the Processor inside the box is without power ..