Unable to compile Sample code in Freematics Builder

Discussion about software developed by Freematics, including Freematics Builder and Freematics Emulator GUI
Jim58IROC

Unable to compile Sample code in Freematics Builder

Post by Jim58IROC »

I recently received the Freematics OBDII interface and the Esprit board with the pre-installed OBD display code. Got it working, downloaded and unzipped the sample code and was able to upload it to the board without issue.

Next I made a couple very minor changes to the code and was able to get it to upload without issue. So, I made another change or two and it no longer compiled. So, I reverted back to the original file... same compile error. I dug through the builder log and I see the following:

fatal error: bt.h: No such file or directory
#include "bt.h"
^~~~~~

I don't see a bt.h file anywhere in the included library. I also can't find anything in any code that calls for it.

Keep in mind, this is failing to compile the original, unmodified code, in the folder structure (including libraries) exactly as it was in the zip file.

Maybe the zip file got corrupted, so I blew it all away, re-downloaded, recompiled and got the same error.

So I rebooted and tried again. Same error.

So I uninstalled Freematics Builder, reinstalled, loaded it, tried to build, and got the exact same error.

Anybody got any advice on what could be wrong or what I should try next? I'm beat before I can even get started here.
Jim58IROC

Re: Unable to compile Sample code in Freematics Builder

Post by Jim58IROC »

so, I decided to start clean. I downloaded Freematics Builder on a different PC, downloaded and unzipped the Simple OBDII code, and tried to build it. I got the exact same error.

The whole error line is :C\Camaro Dash\simple_obd_display-20171208/libraries/Esprit/Esprit.cpp:19:10: fatal error: bt.h: No such file or directory
#include "bt.h"

The only difference on my other PC is the path of the folder because those obviously aren't identical. Anybody got any pointers here? I can't for the life of me understand why it won't build the file when it's all untouched.
Jim58IROC

Post by Jim58IROC »

I'm digging deeper into this and here's what I've figured out so far.

in the Esprit.cpp file that's trying to include bt.h, if I comment that line out or change the name to "esp_bt.h" (which IS in the sub folders), then it just gives me the same error on the very next thing it calls, which is "bta_api.h".

Doing a search in the Freematics Builder folder where these files are located doesn't bring up anything for bt.h nor bta_api.h. It's like my installation is missing something, except that doesn't explain how it worked the first few times on the first PC.
minionrush

Post by minionrush »

poppy playtime It used to take me a long time to find my balance, but recently I discovered that a website sincerely guides this layout when you can find joy after a stressful day here.