GPS not working on Traccar Edition

Discussion about software developed by Freematics, including Freematics Builder and Freematics Emulator GUI
jaibarra

GPS not working on Traccar Edition

Post by jaibarra »

Hi, I recently got a Freematics One+ Traccar Edition. I believe this is just a Model B with a pre-loaded firmware and a sticker with the device ID for Traccar.

The problem is I'm getting GPS location data reported as 0,0 for some reason while using the latest telelogger.ino file configured for Traccar. I think it's a problem with the GPS module or the firmware. I've tried compiling simple_gps_test but it gets stuck on "Wait for GPS signal..." on the monitor.

Any ideas?

UPDATE: Nevermind, I got it working by literally going outside and it eventually got a fix. Seems I'll have to get an external antenna. My next problem seems to be the fact that I can't get the device to connect to the internet through cellular network. It correctly identifies the Operator and it even gets an IP address but then it says Server Timeout (???) Happens with 2 SIM cards from 2 different operators.
drawingoriginal

Re: GPS not working on Traccar Edition

Post by drawingoriginal »

The "Server Timeout" error message suggests that the device is able to connect to the cellular network and obtain an IP address, but is unable to successfully establish a connection with the server.