i got 3 freematics one+ none of them work properly

Inquiry and support for Freematics products
pbvdven

i got 3 freematics one+ none of them work properly

Post by pbvdven »

i have bought 3 freematics one+ traccar edition. apparently they are type with LTE-M not happy with that the product page stated that i would recieve based on my location a SIM7600E-H but got 7070G with LTE-M that is not widly supported here but thats a other thing i have a bigger issue.

my English writing is not the best so sorry for that.

the use case is for fleet management tracking company cars and trucks 22 in total so power cycle is not going to be a option it needs to work if there is no gnss signal or cell reception oke but i cannot have any manual action needed after installing. so if there is an issue it should self reset or at least it should be possible to reset it remotely.

i created 3 different versions for testing purposes

1 first
i have flashed the device changed to my traccar server enabled OBD and motion disabled wifi and bluetooth changed APN for cell so far so good.

The device is working and reporting until it goes to sleep then it almost never wakes up again also pings stop working. i found out that it gets stuck with OBD reporting after car is turned off and it needs power cycle to work again.

in a attempt to fix it getting stuck and not reporting i removed all default OBD PID from the code exept speed.

it looks like this is working but motion is always true in traccar so no separate tips or stops its just one big trip.

i try to use for end trip to set ignition from the battery voltage but also that stops updating after a while.

2 second
Motion enabled - OBD, WIFI, BT disabled
Device works stays connected pings keep working when i started driving it reports at first look this is working fine except traccar always shows motion/movement true so i never get stops or end trip because that uses motion and that doesn't change the device is going to low power mode and waking up again but is not reporting correctly to traccar.

3 third
Didnt change a thing doest work at all then i changed it to traccar instead of freematics hub works briefly and then stops working also needs power cycle to start it up again.

So please some guidance in how i can get this to work properly i could provide some of the sketches i uploaded but for now im kind a stuck the motion not reporting correctly or the device not reporting is my main issue now like i said i want to install 20+ of these devices but i can not need to physically touch them after install.

is it me am i doing something wrong please some guidance/advice would be great.

also if this gets fixed and i want more units how do i make sure my next order are with 7600E instead of 7070G sim modules?
stanley
Site Admin

Re: i got 3 freematics one+ none of them work properly

Post by stanley »

Traccar edition has no SIM7600E-H option. It only comes with ONE+ Model A and Model H.
Could you provide your serial output so I can further advise, especially when the device is about to wake up?