Megalogger issue with Kit#3

Inquiry and support for Freematics products
xavier

Re: Megalogger issue with Kit#3

Post by xavier »

Hi there,

I was having the same problem and manage to get it to work.

I bought the kit with the megaloader pre-flashed and it was working fine.
I decided to play with the IDE using the code provided (https://github.com/stanleyhuangyc/ArduinoOBD) and after compilation and upload I ending up with the same screen problem.
System : mac OS El Capitan and was using Arduino IDE 1.6.6
During the compilation : lots of warnings but no errors.

I tried with the "Hourly Build" version and same result - not working properly --> a lot of compilation warnings, no error and upload ok

I then tried with the 1.6.5 and then the compilation was clean, no warnings, no errors.
The upload worked fine and the megaloader work nicely.

I tried to compare the "preferences.txt" between the 3 versions and the only differences were :

editor.keys.home_and_end_travel_far=true

editor.keys.home_and_end_beginning_end_of_doc=false

I am very new to the Arduino setup but it look likes it has something to do with the compilation parameters.

It's a pity because we can't use the last IDE version

Xavier
xavier

Post by xavier »

Hi Stanley,

still trying to make it work with IDE 1.6.6, I have tried on 3 different mac (macbook air, imac), but no luck :(
macOS El Capitan 64bit - Java8 with last update

When it is built with IDE 1.6.5, there is no warnings, all clean, when it is compile with IDE 1.6.6 there is a lots of warning related to MultiLCD.h :
"warning: '__progmem__' attribute ignored [-Wattributes] void draw(const PROGMEM byte* buffer, uint16_t width, uint16_t height); "

Hoping you can help.

here is an extract of the warnings :

In file included from /Users/nlclandandsea/Documents/Arduino/ArduinoOBD-master/megaloggerx/megaloggerx.ino:4:0:
/Users/nlclandandsea/Documents/Arduino/libraries/MultiLCD/MultiLCD.h:55:43: warning: '__progmem__' attribute ignored [-Wattributes]
virtual void draw(const PROGMEM byte* buffer, uint16_t width, uint16_t height) {}
^
/Users/nlclandandsea/Documents/Arduino/libraries/MultiLCD/MultiLCD.h:56:43: warning: '__progmem__' attribute ignored [-Wattributes]
virtual void draw(const PROGMEM byte* buffer, uint16_t width, uint16_t height, byte scaleX, byte scaleY = 0) {}
^
/Users/nlclandandsea/Documents/Arduino/libraries/MultiLCD/MultiLCD.h:57:47: warning: '__progmem__' attribute ignored [-Wattributes]
virtual void draw4bpp(const PROGMEM byte* buffer, uint16_t width, uint16_t height) {}
^
/Users/nlclandandsea/Documents/Arduino/libraries/MultiLCD/MultiLCD.h:113:35: warning: '__progmem__' attribute ignored [-Wattributes]
void draw(const PROGMEM byte* buffer, uint16_t width, uint16_t height);
^
/Users/nlclandandsea/Documents/Arduino/libraries/MultiLCD/MultiLCD.h:114:35: warning: '__progmem__' attribute ignored [-Wattributes]
void draw(const PROGMEM byte* buffer, uint16_t width, uint16_t height, byte scaleX, byte scaleY = 0);
^
/Users/nlclandandsea/Documents/Arduino/libraries/MultiLCD/MultiLCD.h:115:39: warning: '__progmem__' attribute ignored [-Wattributes]
void draw4bpp(const PROGMEM byte* buffer, uint16_t width, uint16_t height);

Cheers,

Xavier
xavier

Post by xavier »

Just tried on a Windows 7 machine with IDE 1.6.6 and same problem, the information is not displayed properly on the LCD.
Warnings are the same --> PROGMEM

Cheers,

Xavier
SeanWHannon2

Post by SeanWHannon2 »

Has anyone been able to fix this issue as am having the same issue?

Lots of the same warnings coming out. None of the library fixes seem to be working.
xavier

Post by xavier »

Hi Sean,

still no luck on my side, just tried using the 1.6.7 on an iMac and same problem, 1.6.6 no working and 1.6.5 is ok.

Your other option is to use the UTFT library and bypass the MultiLCD library and change all the code in your logger, it's a lot of work but then you won't depend on the MultiLCD lib.
It's a pity because the MultiLCD lib simplify the printing on the LCD.

Good Luck

Xavier
SeanWHannon2

Post by SeanWHannon2 »

The issue seems to be that the wrong value is returned from the LiquidCrystal_I2C library included in the Arduino ide.

Here is a link to the fix and the discussion about it. Seems to be a known issue.
https://github.com/marcoschwartz/Liquid ... 55af33d219
https://github.com/marcoschwartz/Liquid ... I2C/pull/5

Works fine for me and looks like its been merged into the master branch so should be fixed in the next release of the ide I hope
sekhar_p7

Post by sekhar_p7 »

Download the Latest Arduino version 1.7.8 and Latest image from github. It works fine.