Great Emulator, question about serial communications

Inquiry and support for Freematics products
AENuemannSr

Great Emulator, question about serial communications

Post by AENuemannSr »

First, this OBD-II Emulator was exactly what I was looking for. I got the GUI/Emulator to work with only minor issue, Emulator needs COM15 but nowhere does it say that, I found it in a forum and tried it, then it worked fine. I then wrote my own program to test functions and automate setting values, works just fine although the command set info needs some clarification but I figured it out. Overall an excellent emulator and thanks for designing and building it.

I am using the USB connection, 38400 baud, polled
My question/s;
I set Echo off but still get the OK reply, is there any way to also turn that off?

The serial response from the emulator for the initialize command ATZ seems very slow. The response takes about 6 seconds. Is that normal or have I erred in my programming?
What is the update rate for sending PIDs? I'd like to send a variety of PIDs as fast as possible to simulate a car driving and racing.

Again, thanks for a great product.
stanley
Site Admin

Re: Great Emulator, question about serial communications

Post by stanley »

Setting echo off does not mean there will be no response. Echo is regarding to the sending back of the received bytes.
ATZ does a lot work including initialization and that's why it's slow. You can send ATV for getting version information.
jochen

Re: Great Emulator, question about serial communications

Post by jochen »

Hello AENuemannSr,

I just got the device as well, and will use it for testing other tools.

I directly got stucked into the AT commands, I have built an application that read a txt file, that included example a set of lines like ATSET 0105=100 ( Engine Coolant) mode 01, I guess?

I also used Port 15, as it seems to respond.

Did you need to built in a delay for the ATZ command?

Please let let me know how you got the device to respond without the UI application for different PID settings.

If you can share a couple of lines.

The UI is built from AT commands, would be nice to have this code in a documentation.

To create sequences this would be very helpful.

Kind regards Jochen