code for the emulator

Inquiry and support for Freematics products
jimmyjones

code for the emulator

Post by jimmyjones »

Hello,

would you be willing to release the code for the actual emulator, to make modifications to the way emulator runs.

i noticed i cannot set PID 0100 (as well as 0120, 0140, 0160), it defaults to 0xFF FF FF FF, meaning all 32 pids are supported

it seems impossible to get PIDS in modes other than 01 via ATGET.

when setting PID 0101 (mode 01, pid 01), ATSET has to be in hex, while other times (temperatures etc) the value is what's to be displayed.
stanley
Site Admin

Re: code for the emulator

Post by stanley »

The emulator firmware is not open-source, but the issue you mentioned can be improved.
jimmyjones

Post by jimmyjones »

stanley wrote:The emulator firmware is not open-source, but the issue you mentioned can be improved.

Any chance you could release a "LITE" version of the code, basically barebones framework that can establish the communication with scanner, read a single pid from a single mode, and write it via serial to the emulator. rest i could program myself.

if not, i would like an EXPERT mode for the emulator where the emulator can be treated basically as a memory device, and whatever i write into a pid will get returned over whatever protocol is negotiated. I.e. if i write 0101 to be 6 bytes instead of 4, the emulator would comply and return that data.

PIDs supported should follow the same pattern in expert mode instead of returning "all pids supported", this seriously confuses all readers
stanley
Site Admin

Post by stanley »

Sorry the source code of the emulator itself is not likely to be published.
The supported pids can be set in the future with a firmware upgrade.
jimmyjones

Post by jimmyjones »

Thanks.

I look forward to when the firmware is updated to test it. In the mean time, I'll just reimplement the simulator for KWP to suit my immediate needs.