How to configure APN user and password

Discussion about software developed by Freematics, including Freematics Builder and Freematics Emulator GUI
dry

How to configure APN user and password

Post by dry »

Hi everyone.

I just bought a Freematics One+ and I'm configuring to use telelogger.

My APN provider must be configured with: apn address, apn user and password. So, please, how can I set the 'user' and 'password' on telelogger configuration?

Thank you in advance.
Fictifs

Re: How to configure APN user and password

Post by Fictifs »

Hello,

I'm not sure about this but i found this piece of code in "Freematics-master\libraries\FreematicsPlus/FreematicsNetwork.cpp"

Code: Select all

...\Freematics-master\libraries\FreematicsPlus\FreematicsNetwork.cpp

Ligne  333:       //sendCommand("AT+CSOCKAUTH=1,1,\"APN_PASSWORD\",\"APN_USERNAME\"\r");
	Ligne  977:     //sendCommand("AT+CSOCKAUTH=1,1,\"APN_PASSWORD\",\"APN_USERNAME\"\r");
	Ligne 1262:     //sendCommand("AT+CSOCKAUTH=1,1,\"APN_PASSWORD\",\"APN_USERNAME\"\r");

Depending your case maybe you may put it here. Don't forget to rebuild libs after modifications
Good luck and keep us updated about it,
benm4nn

Post by benm4nn »

Hi there, did this approach work for you? I tried modifying the code, but the serial read out does not confirm whether the APN details were correctly passed and the device still can't connect to the network...
willams

Post by willams »

To configure an APN (Access Point Name) with a user and password, go to your device's network settings and select "Mobile Networks" or "Cellular Networks." Choose "Access Point Names" and create a new APN. Enter the required APN details directv tv packages provided by your carrier, including the username and password fields. Save the settings, and your device will connect to the network using the configured credentials.