Freematics ONE+ Model A spotty GPS

Inquiry and support for Freematics products
gerco

Freematics ONE+ Model A spotty GPS

Post by gerco »

I own two Freematics ONE+ model A (with external GPS modules). Both of these devices have VERY spotty GPS reception. I can't say GPS doesn't work at all, but I get a location AT MOST once a week for one GPS module (mounted to the windshield) and the other basically never gets a signal (also mounted behind the windshield, but with a piece of plastic between it and the window.

I have tested both modules at home and both could get a signal inside, no problem. What could be the problem here where GPS only VERY occasionally works, but clearly the modules aren't completely broken. Cellular signal for both is fine, every trip gets recorded just fine, it's just the location that doesn't work except for a few very rare occasions where the stars seem to align just right. Are there places on the planet where GNSS just doesn't work well (I'm in Massachusetts, USA).
stanley
Site Admin

Re: Freematics ONE+ Model A spotty GPS

Post by stanley »

We have shipped thousands of this GPS receiver around the world and has barely heard about an issue like this. One data a week does not sound normal. Are you sure it is not caused by transmission? How do you collect the data?