Basic installation doesn't work

Inquiry and support for Freematics products
Mondeo

Basic installation doesn't work

Post by Mondeo »

Hi everybody,
received the OBD-II UART Adapter designed for Arduino and loaded up the simple sketch which I found on your homepage to the Arduino Uno. The sketch should switch Pin 13 to high if the engine turns faster then 3000rpm.
I tested today but nothing is happen. The Arduino is wired as follows: red wire to +5 Volt, black wire to GND, white wire to Rx and green wire to Tx.
My Car is a Mitsubishi Colt 1.3 16V. Can you please help me to check the installation. What can I do?
Thank you and best regards. Mondeo
stanley
Site Admin

Re: Basic installation doesn't work

Post by stanley »

Add some serial print to see if init() suceeds or not. Also make sure you use the latest library.
Mondeo

Post by Mondeo »

Dear Stanley,
thank you for the reply. I checked with the newest library and it is still not working. Following my questions:

1. Please explain how i could check "init" with serial print? Baudrate and code?
2. Is it possible to "serial.println" during connected adapter? (Both serial) (Arduino Uno)
2. For check the init, do I have to connect the adapter to the car or do you mean init from Arduino to adapter?
3. If I connect the adapter to Arduino should the green LED on the adapter be illuminated?
On the Arduino Uno Board the green LED "On" is shinig and sometimes the Tx LED is flickering. On the OBD-II adapter the red LED is shining.

Thank you for help, regards, Mondeo
Mondeo

Post by Mondeo »

You wrote: Again, you can't use serial.print when using the UART adapter on UNO. UART means serial. Why should I use serial.print? My board is Arduino UNO.
Mondeo

Post by Mondeo »

Dear Stanley,

Specially for this project I buied an "Arduino Mega" to try with "obd_uart_test". Wiring as follows: red to + 5 Volt, black to GND, white to Tx1 (pin 18) and green to Rx (pin 19) of Arduino Mega Board.

In the sketch I defined: #define mySerial Serial.
Adapter is plug in the actual result as follows:

Sending ATZ
ELM327 v. 1.56
Sending ATL1
ok.
sending ATH0
ok
sending ATRV
13.6 Volt
init...
init...
init...
etc.

and noting else is happened. Could you please help me to finalize this project.
My Car is a Mitsubishi Colt 1.3 16V, build 2007 , No. 665.441.593 but finally the OBD II UART adapter should also work with a Volkswagen Golf VII 1.2 TSI 5, Model 5G13DX but for the moment this car is not available.
Thank you and best regards,
Mondeo

(Sorry for my bad english)
Mondeo

Post by Mondeo »

Dear Stanley,

I am still waiting for your help an I'm bound to say that your after sales service and your willingness to help is ver bad.

Regards, Mondeo
Pantii

Post by Pantii »

Change

Code: Select all

COBDI2C obd;

to

Code: Select all

COBD obd;

and it works.