Freematics ONE questions

Inquiry and support for Freematics products
digimer

Freematics ONE questions

Post by digimer »

Hi all,

I'm looking to get the Freematics ONE but I was hoping to get a couple questions answered first. Figured I'd ask here instead of by email in case the answer helps others later. :)

First; I want to record the OBD2 data to a postgresql database. I will handle writing the DB, I just want to be sure that I can save the data from the SD card periodically and parse it. With this in mind; Is the data stored on the sdcard in plain text format (I assume so). Also, will the data log to the sdcard over many restarts of the car, so long as there is space on the card to record the data?

Second; Is it possible to use one of the telemetrics kids (the screen, specifically) to display the OBD2 data when using the Freematics ONE? My primary concern is recording data (obd2, gps, g-force, etc). So if I have to choose, I will give up the screen. If it is possible though, I would love to have a display showing the data live along side it being recorded for later processing.

Thanks!
venki

Re: Freematics ONE questions

Post by venki »

From experience I can say yes to your first question. On each restart a new file gets created and the data is in ascii.
I have not used the kit to display.