Trouble uploading code to Data Logger

Inquiry and support for Freematics products
kman42

Trouble uploading code to Data Logger

Post by kman42 »

Hi, I'm having trouble writing code to the data logger.

I downloaded the Freematics-master.zip file and imported the library into the Arduino IDE program, and loaded the datalogger sketch. When I try to upload using Programmer however, I get the following message:

datalogger.ino:9:17: fatal error: OBD.h: No such file or directory

compilation terminated.

Error compiling.

Thats all it says. What is going wrong?
Xavali7

Re: Trouble uploading code to Data Logger

Post by Xavali7 »

Hi,

Even if you open the Datalogger sketch, and config.h and datalogger.h are there with it, you have to also install the libraries.
With the master zip comes a folder labeled "libraries". You have to copy it over your Arduino installation directory, so that it asks you to combine the folders, and it will add the new libraries to the previous ones (they are OBD, I2Cdev, MPU9150, etc.).

To check if it worked, try to compile (no need to upload when checking) the sketch. That error should no longer be there! ;)
kman42

Post by kman42 »

Thanks for your help with that. I merged the libraries and the error no longer occurs.

Cheers,
Kendric
kgtim

Post by kgtim »

Xavali7 wrote:Hi,

Even if you open the Datalogger sketch, and config.h and datalogger.h are there with it, you have to also install the libraries.
With the master zip comes a folder labeled "libraries". You have to copy it over your Arduino installation directory, so that it asks you to combine the folders, and it will add the new libraries to the previous ones (they are OBD, I2Cdev, MPU9150, etc.).

To check if it worked, try to compile (no need to upload when checking) the sketch. That error should no longer be there! ;)

Where can find the master Zip file?

Thank you
Xavali7

Post by Xavali7 »

kgtim wrote:
Xavali7 wrote:Hi,

Where can find the master Zip file?

Thank you

This is where Stanley shares the libraries and firmwares: https://github.com/stanleyhuangyc/Freematics