Gathering long term data

Inquiry and support for Freematics products
kman42

Gathering long term data

Post by kman42 »

I am trying to set up my Freematics Data Logger so that it gathers data over a few weeks automatically. I just ran some tests and found the data logger only records data when you start the car before plugging it in. I need it to record data when you start the car with it already plugged in. I looked through the datalogger, config.h and datalogger.h scripts, but there was nothing that could help me. Is it in another file? Or do I need to right it into the script somewhere? Help please!
stanley
Site Admin

Re: Gathering long term data

Post by stanley »

As designed, the logger goes into sleep when OBD-II no longer has reponse which is the case when engine is off. It wakes up to check for OBD-II port every several seconds. When detecting RPM again, it preforms a reset.
kman42

Post by kman42 »

So you are saying by default, the data logger should automatically wake up and continue recording when the car starts moving? Awesome.

I did a few test runs and tried to upload the .csv file to the 'chart' feature on this site, but it just says 'Please wait while the data is being processed...' for as long as I can stand to wait. How long should it usually take to process the data?
kman42

Post by kman42 »

Never mind, I read in other threads that the charting service is getting updated.